December 12, 2008
The SCDF is a non-profit organisation run for and by designers and creatives from all disciplines.
What is the SCDF?
Its aims are simple, but potentially far reaching:
- To provide support, awareness and network channels for the South Coast as an area rich in designers, architects and creatives of all kinds.
- To generate an authoritative and respected body whose skills are recognised and called upon by local authorities and business.
- To provide strong links with education establishments to further raise standards and help create jobs for graduates and students.
- To highlight these skills through the running of competitions and exhibitions.
- To generally raise the awareness and expectations of the South Coast, to turn it about to face the future, whilst acknowledging the historical context of time and place.
- To find local and regional solutions to improving the built environment, to incorporate new housing and businesses in a sustainable manner.
- To look at the wider implications of climate change and energy decline, to seek solutions that provide viable and sustainable methods of working and living.